Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Journey

Journey.
This is the only word running through my mind as a begin this blog.

I have many purposes for creating a blog, not all of which I can think of, but the main purpose is to begin, or rather continue, on the journey that is my life.

I have grown into myself more over the past 12 months than I have over 20 years, and I could already tell from some major life changes that all the growing pains would (and still will) be worth it. I can honestly say that I don't know who I was a year ago, and it both terrifies to think of going back to that girl, and greatly excites me to face my future!

I am coming upon my junior year in college, and although I have matured greatly this past year, I still have this immense struggle with so many life questions, as I'm sure most college students do.

What am I really doing here?
Why am a studying this major?
What's my purpose in life?
Why do I do the things I do?
Why does my family act this way?
Why do I have the friends I have?
This is such a pivotal moment in my life, am I about to make everything blow up in my face?

My only answer has been to turn to and rely fully on God, my creator and my first love, to help me through this confusing period. I know that my questions are natural, and although I may never get an answer to every question, I do desperately want to ease this transition from childhood to adulthood as best I can. And so this is where the blog comes in! I hope to share and dissect my life experiences with faith, relationships, school, and everything in between, and in the process get to know myself, and my God, and my life. Original concept? No. But this is my very own story, and that is a very original and beautiful thing, as everyone's story is.

And so, the journey begins.

"My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only He will release my feet from the snare." Psalm 25:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dwell.
Blog design by labinastudio.