Thursday, June 18, 2015

Rome + Siena

Hello from Italy!

I am leaving on a train traveling to Florence currently. The past nine days have been incredible. I've hit my halfway mark on my travels, I can not believe how fast it's flown by already.

Panoramic view of Siena, Italy. The Duomo is the wh

Here's a few things about my trip so far!

Rome was beautiful, exciting, fast-paced, hot, ancient ... in short, everything I expected and more. What an incredible start to the journey of a lifetime! Our days were absolutely packed with things to do and places to be, as there are so many locations That Are Must-sees in Rome. The best part of our stay in Rome Was that we got a wonderful mix of tourist attractions as well as lesser-known but Often times more beautiful than the well-known locations. A few highlights (in no particular order) were the Colosseum, the Palazzo Doria Pamphili, the Capuchin Crypt, the Galleria Borghese , and the multiple markets found in plazas and piazzas around the city (I'm planning a followup blog post listing every site visited in each city, calling out a few of my favorites and anche sites you could skip and still have the best experience) .


Siena was absolutely perfect. It's a much slower peace than Rome, and so was a beautiful reprieve from the incredibly busy schedule we had previously. A few of the highlights were the Duomo in Siena, the most beautiful cathedral of the trip so far, the Piazza del Campo, and the. The best part about Siena Has Been That there are not as many tourist destinations to visit, Which gave us plenty of time to explore the city itself, and draw blackberries, and even shop Opinions Opinions Opinions more! I just can not write positively Opinions more about Siena, and I think if you come to Italy you HAVE to make it a stop on your trip!

I am traveling with four other girls and one professor, and we all have so much fun together! The part of the trip I was most worried about quickly Became the most enjoyable.

Oh, and I know you all came here for pictures, but guess what? I somehow deleted the application on my computer That opens my memory card, and need the CD-ROM to be Able to re-download it. Which means That I Can not get any of my photos from my camera onto the computer.

Typical Jordan.

I can promise a plethora of photos when I get back, so I can re-download the application! I'm sorry to leave you so empty-handed. I've included one photo of a panoramic view of Siena from my phone, to evidence I'm actually here :)


I'm in Florence for the next four days before we move to Venice, where we finish our study abroad experience. After Venice I'm meeting Mom and Dad in Paris, Which is what I've been waiting for this whole trip! This is the most ideal trip anyone could ever ask for, I'm so grateful.

I'm missing everyone at home and wish I could take you all with me! Luckily that's why blogs were created. Thank goodness for technology.


Hello Beautiful!
Jordan




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dwell.
Blog design by labinastudio.